Not everyone moves into their custom built dream home. There’s usually a few things a new homeowner will want to change to make their new home truly their own. So here’s a few ideas that can make a big difference without the big budget:
- Give that old pink bathroom a more updated/modern look by changing the paint palette and adding new fixtures
- Open an existing shower by adding seamless glass doors
- New knobs and pulls can change the look of a bathroom or kitchen cabinets without the expense of a full renovation
- Adding a new appliance such as a stovetop, or free standing range can spruce up a kitchen. Why change all appliances at once?
- Skylights can add lighting without compromising privacy
- Track or recessed lighting can bring additional light to a room without crowding it with lamp
- Lightening wall colors can open up a room, or for warmth and dimension add color to complement furnishings and artwork
- Change the flooring with slate, wood, marble, tile, carpet or rugs of your choice
- Consider new window treatments to dress up or reframe a window
- Remote shading can allow you to keep your view and control lighting
- Blinds or shutters can replace curtains or drapes
- Dual fabric blinds allow you to control the amount and type of lighting for your home
These small makeover items are relatively inexpensive, yet can give a home or condo a new look without a heavy price tag. Many of these items are available at such retailers as Home Depot, Restoration Hardware, Best Buy, Ikea, Lamps Plus and some specialty hardware stores. So if you’re considering making changes…remember, they don’t have to be big to make a big difference.