We just highlighted 5 Trips That Are Worth The Drive, now we are going to talk about 5 events that are right around your corner!
1. The Standard’s Eat Your Words- Sept. 5
- Storyteller Greg Walloch hosts an ensemble of actors and comedians—Lauren Cook, Ron Funches and Hasan Minhaj—to cook up a night of food-related tales at the Cactus Lounge at the Standard Hollywood. The storytelling event is free, but it’s suggested you send an RSVP. Located at The Standard; 8300 W Sunset Blvd, Hollywood California – standardhotels.com/hollywood
2. Mexican Independence Day Celebration – Sept. 14-15
- Live music, dancing, entertainment, a carnival, cultural activities, historic displays, food, and artisan exhibits. El Pueblo de Los Angeles Hisorical Monument, Olvera Street. 310-914-0015. elpueblo.lacity.org
3. AltCar Expo & Conference – Sept. 20-21
- Presentations of the latest electric, hhydrogen, biodiesel, natural gas, propane, hybrid, pug-in, ehtanol, and cycling transportation technologies; plus speakers, a ride-and-drive lot, and sustainable food cafe. Santa Monica civic Auditorium. 310-390-2930; altcarexpo.com
4. “Victory at Sea” Summer Cruise – Sept. 21
- Experience 1940s wartime shipboard life on the open sea aboard the restored World War II cargo ship S.S. Lane Victory. The daylong cruise includes a mock aerial attack and gun battle, plus meals, live music, and narrated info on harbor sights. Berth 49. 310-519-9545. lanevictory.org
5. Abbot Kinney Festival – Sept 29
- Live music, dancers, food, and a berr garden, a kids’ area, and more htan 300 vendors fearturing handcrafted goods. Abbot Kinney Boulevard. 310-396-3772. abbotkinney.org
Please check the dates and times to verify they have not changed.
If you, or anyone you know is looking to move,
feel free to get in contact with Sheltr Group at 310-888-2422